weddings and covid 19
your options during this
Just Married Weddings is Australia's first micro-wedding specialist company- performing tiny weddings since 2016- we are experts in this field and would love to look after you during this crazy time - or afterwards
melbourne update 8 July 2020
Melbourne ceremonies can go ahead with 2 witnesses only
As Melbourne faces new lockdowns ceremonies at all our Melbourne locations (Beach, CBD and Dandenongs) are limitted to 5 people only – including the celebrant, the couple and the two adult witnesses.
This means no children or additional guests may attend until restrictions are eased.
If you are having a photograpaher he/she must be one of the two witnesses.
Couples who wish to postpone should contact [email protected] ASAP.
couples who booked before covid 19
Last updated Sunday 10 May 2020
Our motto has never been more accurate . JUST us …. JUST love … JUST married.
We are able to comply fully with regulations at all our outdoor locations.
We are monitoring government advice and will keep you posted. Please follow our facebook page for updates on how many people may attend.
Last updated Tuesday 9 June 2020
Yes we can still take bookings and conduct our small outdoor ceremonies. As a micro-wedding company, these kinds of ceremonies are not unusual for us at all (except for the 1.5m rule).
In fact, our motto, JUST us … JUST love …. JUST married has never rung more true.
Continuing to perform cermemonies in this unprecedented time is bringing us all great joy. We hope to share this with you.
Like our couples have often done in the past, you can get legally married with us and have your celebration with family and friends when this is all over.
A deposit of just $100 is required to make a booking during this time.
Sydney Office is open for bookings
Our Sydney Office is now re-open for bookings from late July onwards. We will closely monitor the health advice to ensure are doing our best to keep all couples and our celebrants safe.
Government restrictions on guest numbers
At present the Government Regulations in each state will permit up to 20 people at ceremonies in July and beyond.
This is essentially back to normal for JMW as we have a 20 person maximum at all times.
Note that government regulations count all children in the 20 people.
Covid 19 cancelation policy
Because things are changing all the time, we want to give you some peace of mind. For new bookings (new customers only) placed on or after 22 March, for ceremonies to take place between 22 March and 31 December 2020 the following cancelation policy will apply:
1. Bookings made during this time require a $100 deposit only. This deposit is non-refundable.
2. The remainder of the service fee is not payable until one week prior to the ceremony date.
3. Any additional payments made on top of the $100 deposit are refundable if the ceremony does not proceed for any reason, where at least 72 hours notice is given.
4. No reschedule fee will apply if the couple reschedules the ceremony, as long as 72 hours notice is given. However reschedules are subject to availability.
5. Where a ceremony is postponed less than 72 hours before the ceremony a reschedule fee of $200 will apply.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, the $100 deposit is not refundable regardless of the reason for cancellation, including in the event of lockdowns or government regulations preventing the ceremony in any way.
staying safe - our policy
Last updated Tuesday 14 April 2020
We are committed to ensuring we spread only love (not germs).
To protect you, your witnesses and our celebrants and other couples our hygiene policy is as follows:
1. Our celebrants are regularly cleaning tables, chairs and other equipment.
2. Our celebrants will wash or sanitise hands before every ceremony and immediately after.
3. Our celebrants are taking steps to ensure minimal touching of paperwork etc once you have arrived. They will give you clear verbal instructions on where to sign etc, from a safe distance.
4. All couples are encouraged to bring their own pens.
5. Our celebrants will not touch your rings or other personal items.
6. Our celebrants will maintain strict social distancing.
7. Should you wish, our celebrants can take photos for you on their own phones and send them to you (rather than touch your phones).
JUST LOVE …. JUST US … JUST MARRIED