weddings and covid 19
small ceremonies are our normal
Just Married Weddings is Australia's first micro-wedding specialist company- performing tiny weddings since 2016- we are experts in this field and would love to look after you during this crazy time - or afterwards
melbourne update 6 September 2020
Until 26 October 2020, ceremonies may not go ahead unless there are compassionate grounds.
From 26 October, ceremonies may re-commence if the covid number target has been met – i.e. if covid cases are low enough – with a 10 person maximum to begin with.
If you are booked for 26 October or afterwards we are sure you will be closely following case numbers to ascertain whether your ceremony is likely to be able to proceed.
If you have any questions: Please note we are dealing with a huge number of enquires, and will get back to you as soon as possible.
Please refer to the VIC government website for detailed information.
brisbane update 1 Sept 2020
We are operating under a Covid Safe Plan – and as such we are still able to have our normal 20 people at all QLD locations.
Last updated 6 September 2020
Yes we can still take bookings and conduct our small outdoor ceremonies. As a micro-wedding company, these kinds of ceremonies are not unusual for us at all (except for the 1.5m rule).
In fact, our motto, JUST us … JUST love …. JUST married has never rung more true.
Continuing to perform cermemonies in this unprecedented time is bringing us all great joy. We hope to share this with you.
Like our couples have often done in the past, you can get legally married with us and have your celebration with family and friends when this is all over.
A deposit of just $100 is required to make a booking during this time.
Government restrictions on guest numbers
At present the Government Regulations in each state, except Victoria, will permit up to 20 people at ceremonies.
In Victoria, ceremonies before 26 October can only proceed on compassionate grounds, and may only have 5 people in attendance. After 26 Oct (cases permiting) we may be back to 10 people max. This page will be updated close to that time.
Covid 19 cancelation policy
Because things are changing all the time, we want to give you some peace of mind. For new bookings (new customers only) placed on or after 22 March 2020, for ceremonies to take place between 22 March and 3o June 2021* the following cancelation policy will apply:
1. Bookings made during this time require a $100 deposit only. This deposit is non-refundable.
2. The remainder of the service fee is not payable until one week prior to the ceremony date.
3. Any additional payments made on top of the $100 deposit are refundable if the ceremony does not proceed for any reason, where at least 72 hours notice is given.
4. No reschedule fee will apply if the couple reschedules the ceremony, as long as 72 hours notice is given. However reschedules are subject to availability.
5. Where a ceremony is postponed less than 72 hours before the ceremony a reschedule fee of $200 will apply.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, the $100 deposit is not refundable regardless of the reason for cancellation, including in the event of lockdowns or government regulations preventing the ceremony in any way.
* this date was changed on 9 September 2020 from 31 December 2020 to 30 June 2021.
staying safe - our policy
Last updated 6 Septemebr 2020
We are committed to ensuring we spread only love (not germs).
To protect you, your witnesses and our celebrants and other couples our hygiene policy is as follows:
1. Our celebrants are regularly cleaning tables, chairs and other equipment.
2. Our celebrants will wash or sanitise hands before every ceremony and immediately after.
3. Our celebrants are taking steps to ensure minimal touching of paperwork etc once you have arrived. They will give you clear verbal instructions on where to sign etc, from a safe distance.
4. All couples are encouraged to bring their own pens.
5. Our celebrants will not touch your rings or other personal items.
6. Our celebrants will maintain strict social distancing.
7. Should you wish, our celebrants can take photos for you on their own phones and send them to you (rather than touch your phones).
8. in VIC all celebrants will be wearing masks once ceremonies are able to proceed.
9. In Brisbane we are following the QLD Covid Safe Plan.
JUST LOVE …. JUST US … JUST MARRIED